We're expanding! Here is your chance to join a forward-thinking, growing Marine and Motorsports dealership that is dedicated to lavishly rewarding its great employees!
Benefits! You'll love our 'Mandatory Paid Vacation' plan, and additional paid vacation and holidays! Plus, 401K-match retirement planning, surprise bonuses, and paid employee days! Contact Recreation Station today and begin a rewarding career in two exciting industries. Spearfish, SD is a beautiful, outdoor-recreation-focused town to live and/or raise a family, and relocation help can be discussed.
1. Service and Parts Sales Manager- Position Closed but accepting applications- Full-Time, year-round: This opening is for a busy position in a fun business, and has two broad responsibilities.
- 1) Manage the service department: Attend to service customers, service scheduling, communicating goals with technicians, customer billing, warranty claims, and more. It includes direct customer contact and selling service jobs. Customer service and sales knowledge are necessary. This is NOT a technician position, so your hands stay clean!
- 2) Manage the parts / accessories department: This includes overseeing our part / accessory specialist, inventory control and ordering, assisting our customers, as well as our technicians, with finding needed items, and selling.
This position will work closely with the owner and the service technicians, as well as our customers on a daily basis. Applicant must have a technical aptitude, and the ability to sell. Experience in a marine dealership would be helpful, but at least 1-2 years experience is required in a similar role. Pay is DOE and is paid a base salary PLUS service department commissions.
2. Parts & Accessory Sales Specialist/Customer Service- Position Open: Full-Time. This position works alongside our Service Manager and multi-tasks between helping customers in-store and on the phone, as well as obtaining correct parts for our service department.
- Helping customers locate and purchase Marine and Motorsports accessories, including add-on items
- Parts look-up, quoting, selling, then ordering
- Order receiving/labeling/Inventory management on our software system
- Assisting Service Manager with day-to-day activities
- Providing parts/accessory quotes to support the sales team
- Forklift operation, as well as lifting 50+ pounds occasionally
- Showroom merchandising/area upkeep/occasional cleaning, and telephone answering
Knowledge of the marine industry would be preferred, but all applicants will be reviewed. Pay and benefits DOE.
3. Marine Service Technician- Position Open - Full or Part-Time, year-round or seasonal (if you prefer): This person must be able to take the lead in diagnostics, minor and major marine technical repairs, and regular routine maintenance. Also, you will be preparing service estimates and explaining repairs to our customers, so customer service skills are a plus! We are a Mercury, MerCruiser, Volvo-Penta, Indmar, and Tohatsu Marine dealer, and we also service other makes and models. We also service Motorsports products. Technical training in the marine field is necessary, but we will review all applicants. Pay and benefits DOE.
4. Office Manager/Bookkeeper: Position Closed but accepting applications- Full-Time, year-round: This position manages any and all office functions, from reception to bookkeeping, and everything in between.
Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee general office operation.
- Greeting customers, answering a high volume of incoming phone calls and while providing excellent customer service.
- Reconcile point of sale system.
- Monitor, track and manage vendor statements.
- Reconcile and manage all A/P accounts, including the expensing of parts needed for the Service Department.
- Reconcile manufacturer statements, parts invoicing, warranty claims and incentives.
- Processing and maintaining all payroll records. Payroll processing bi-weekly, all monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting with the State of South Dakota and IRS.
- Processing labor hour reporting for commissioned employees while checking for accuracy of labor rates and tracking services provided and parts used.
- Manage and monitor 401k contributions, compliance, and reporting for entity.
- Process all title work necessary for units sold, taken in on trade or consigned. This includes mailing payoffs, MSOs from manufacturers, and all things required by the State of SD and other State’s DMV.
- Funding of loan packets to include compiling necessary documents, checking for compliance requirements, submission of documents per lenders request and recording payments and reserve as paid.
- Monthly Sales/Use Tax Reporting.
- QuickBooks entries, reconciling bank statements, monitor accounts to ensure accuracy for owner and accountant.
- Tracking, time management and follow up of all incentive programs from manufacturers.
- Floor plan and management of manufacturer discounts associated with new units.
- Producing reports and composing correspondence as needed for the owner.
- Purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels.
- Assisting the Sales and Parts departments with creative processes to include merchandising, preparing for boat shows or events as needed.
- Stay up to date with ever changing compliance issues with the State of South Dakota, Human Resource items and Division of Motor Vehicle items.
- Compile and execute annual Workman Compensation and Garage Liability Audits.
- Submit renewals for dealer licenses.
Position requires organization skills, a positive attitude, and experience in a similar setting. Pay and benefits DOE.
5. Boat Rigging/Assistant Technician and Set-up/Detailing: Position Closed but accepting applications - Full Time, year-round: This can be an experienced OR entry-level position that consists of the following:
- 1) Basic boat and engine set-up
- 2) Accessory Assembly and Installation
- 3) Hauling/moving boats
- 4) Cleaning and detailing
- 5) Trailer unloading and Set-up
- 6) Various miscellaneous duties
Position may be full or part-time and requires a great attitude and energy. Great for somebody who enjoys working with their hands, students, or someone looking to get into a technical field. Pay is depending on experience and/or output, and includes unlimited growth potential.
6. Boat Detailing / Lot Technician: Position Closed but accepting applications- full or part-time, year-round or seasonal: This can be an experienced OR entry-level position. This job requires energy and attention to detail. We will train the right candidate, and this role will work directly under our Fleet Supervisor. Position includes:
- 1) Marine and Motorsports Detailing/Re-furbishing
- 2) New and used boat prep/set-up
- 3) Hauling/moving boats
- 4) Accessory Assembly and Installation
- 5) Trailer unloading and Set-up
- 6) Grounds upkeep
- 7) Various miscellaneous duties
Pay is depending on experience and/or output. Saturday half-days required.
7. Boat Sales Professional/Marketing/Social Media- Position Open- Full-Time. This position requires a self-motivated individual that can multi-task a marketing role with a sales position. Sales experience/track record is necessary and web marketing/computer skills will be needed. Position consists of Marine and Motorsports sales, with ancillary tasks such as updating dealer website, writing unit descriptions, doing web marketing, plus being active with social media content and listings. Sales are in-store, telephone, and internet-based.
- New and Used Boat and Pontoon Sales: Outfitting our awesome customers with the ideal set-up for an unforgettable summer
- Marketing: Leading marketing strategies, implementing advertising
- Social Media: Develop platforms, manage campaigns, and become a leading trusted expert in the field
- Assisting General Manager with day-to-day activities
- Showroom area upkeep/occasional cleaning and telephone answering
This is a commissioned position. Knowledge of the marine industry would be preferred, but sales aptitude is required. If you have no experience in the above, please apply for a different position.
8. Boat & Pontoon Sales/Website Administrator -Position Closed but accepting applications- full or part-time, year-round or seasonal: This position requires a self-motivated individual that can multi-task a marketing role with a sales position. Sales experience/track record is necessary and web marketing/computer skills will be needed. Position consists of updating dealer website, writing descriptions, doing web marketing, finance and sales. Sales are in-store, telephone, and internet-based. Knowledge of the marine industry would be preferred, but all applicants will be reviewed. Commission-based pay scale plus minimum base hourly.
9. Customer Service- Position Open- Part-Time, year-round or seasonal. This position is often filled by a college student and is flexible for scheduling. It entails direct contact with customers, sales assistance, website work, marketing, and some telephone answering. It requires a great attitude from a self-motivated individual that can multi-task a marketing role with a sales position. Knowledge of the marine industry would be preferred, but all applicants will be reviewed.
If you're interested in joining our team at Recreation Station, please text "seeking employment" to 605-717-4386, or send your email address for instructions on how to apply. You can also send us a general application (completely filled out) along with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (605) 717-4387, or apply in person.
We have an exciting, fast-paced work environment that is dedicated to our wonderful customers AND our superior employees. If you want to excel at an awesome career in the exciting Marine and Motorsports industries, apply today.